Environmental and occupational safety is very important for most people. Gadgets are available to help people implement safety. One of these gadgets is the moisture detector. This detector is important particularly for people in the construction industry. Moisture detectors assess the presence in materials that could damage them. This type of detector can be used to detect the presence of moisture in wood and concrete. Thus it could help prevent accidents by detecting moisture in materials, considering them as substandard. Moreover, moisture detector is a handy gadget to have. It is not bulky so it does not need much storage space. All in all, moisture detector is a big help in implementing and maintaining safety.
There are various products of moisture detectors that are available in the market. Thus most of which function and perform specific functions.
- Tramex Encounter plus: Non Destructive Moisture Meter. This product is usually used to measure various building materials such as brick roofing, block, drywall, plaster and wood. This has the capacity to detect the moisture content of a particular building material up to 1 inch depth. Moisture detection on the majority covering materials (e.g. carpet, ceramic tile and drywall) is very easy. Furthermore, this moisture detector has clear reading display.
- Delmhorst J-LITE Model Moisture Detectors. This is a cost-effective moisture detector that is very durable. The readings of this moisture detector are visible whether under the sun or in the dark. This is possible because of the 12 LED installed in the device. This also contains a microcontroller circuit that enhances the accuracy and reliability of the moisture detector.
- Protimeter Surveymaster Dual Mode Moisture Detectors. This detector has search and measure system that is highly effective. This has two pins that are used to detect the moisture underneath the construction materials. Using such system of this moisture detector enhances the results obtained from the material. It also contains an alarm system that is audible and loud enough to warn the user. This type of moisture detector is usually used to measure the moisture content in woods and wood materials.
- Delmhorst BD-2100 Model Moisture Detectors. This device has resistance technology that is distinguished as the most accurate system used to measure the moisture content of a particular material. It also contains microcontroller circuit that improves the accuracy and reliability of the moisture detector. Also an electrode is available in case deep penetration is needed to gain the moisture content under the material. This device is used to measure moisture content on concrete, EIFS, gypsum, paint, plaster and wood. Furthermore, this device uses three scales.
- Gypsum scale. It is used on sheet rocks. Measures moisture content that ranges from 0.2% to 50%.
- Reference scale. It is used on concrete, insulation and plasters which are non-wood materials. Measures moisture content that ranges from 0 to 100 that is based on a relative source.
- Wood scale. It is used on building materials and flooring that is of wood products such as floor joist, wood studs and sub-floors. Measures moisture content that ranges from 0.2% to 50%.
Moisture detectors are very much useful especially in the construction industry. These help maintain the safety on a particular building or establishment. At the same time, with the help of this device, the condition of the materials to be used in building and construction will be identified. No mater how beautiful the materials are, if their quality and moisture content is unacceptable, they will still be worthless.